Welcome! Hopefully this blog will be a great way we can all share recipes. Post some of your favorites now, and keep 'em coming as you try new things. We love pictures, but don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting. Please make sure to add labels to the bottom of each post. Just add what type of recipe it is, so we can find it later. Feel free to post any questions, tips or requests for recipes that others can answer for us.


If you would like to post something and are not added as an author, please email me at miriam_pruitt@yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stuffed Peppers


Mary Clark added this recipe to my first ever summer sales recipe book.  We make it all of the time now, and I love it! 

6 large bell peppers, any color (red is my favorite)
1lb lean ground beef
2 Tbs chopped onion
1 C cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I always used the bottled minced garlic)
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese

1.  Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pebber.  Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers.  Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover; about 5 min.  Drain.
2.  Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium heat until beef is brown, drain.  Stir in rice, salt garlic and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; cook until hot.
3.  Heat oven to 350
4.  Stuff peppers with beef mixture.  Stand peppers upright in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2.  Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
5.  Cover and bake 45 minutes.  Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender.  Sprinkle with cheese.

(I almost always only make 3 peppers for my family.  They are really filling.  If I have extra rice mixture, I just throw it in the pan with the peppers.  My kids love the rice mixture, but not the peppers, so it works out well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment