Welcome! Hopefully this blog will be a great way we can all share recipes. Post some of your favorites now, and keep 'em coming as you try new things. We love pictures, but don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting. Please make sure to add labels to the bottom of each post. Just add what type of recipe it is, so we can find it later. Feel free to post any questions, tips or requests for recipes that others can answer for us.


If you would like to post something and are not added as an author, please email me at miriam_pruitt@yahoo.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

Orange Creamcicle Cake!

A friend brought these cupcakes to a little get-together we had once, and they were delicious!  I had to get the recipe from her.  I confess I have not actually made them myself yet, but it looks like a recipe that would be pretty hard to mess up.  It was fun having something a little different from regular chocolate or white cupcakes, and they really did taste like orange creamcicles!

Cake:
1 Duncan Hines "Orange Supreme" cake mix, made according to box directions.  (I know, made from a box right?  Gee, thanks for the recipe.  The trick will be finding it though.  I have never seen it at Walmart.  She said to check H.E.B. here in Texas.  I'm guessing other grocery stores must have it.)

Frosting:
1 stick butter (softened)
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese
4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Whip together until white and fluffy

No comments:

Post a Comment