Welcome! Hopefully this blog will be a great way we can all share recipes. Post some of your favorites now, and keep 'em coming as you try new things. We love pictures, but don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting. Please make sure to add labels to the bottom of each post. Just add what type of recipe it is, so we can find it later. Feel free to post any questions, tips or requests for recipes that others can answer for us.


If you would like to post something and are not added as an author, please email me at miriam_pruitt@yahoo.com

Friday, August 6, 2010

Beef Pot Roast

My sister-in-law told me to try this roast recipe off of mmmcafe, and it was really yummy.  I have had problems with my roasts turning out too dry, not enough flavor, etc. but this one was really yummy and I think I will stick with this recipe now.  And of course, it is really easy!
I didn't take this picture myself, I stole it.

3 pound-ish chuck roast, thawed

1 package dry ranch seasoning
1 package brown gravy mix
1 package italian seasoning
3/4 cup water (if using a frozen roast, only use 1/2 cup water)
Combine all 3 packages of dry seasoning and cover all sides of roast with mixture. Place in a slow cooker and pour water over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.  (obviously the slower you cook it, the more tender it will be.  My crockpot is too hot and never takes 8 hours.)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds SUPER yummy. We are definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just served it with the classic mashed potatoes/gravy. I think we also had some corn on the cob. You could do whatever you wanted with it though.

    ReplyDelete