Welcome! Hopefully this blog will be a great way we can all share recipes. Post some of your favorites now, and keep 'em coming as you try new things. We love pictures, but don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting. Please make sure to add labels to the bottom of each post. Just add what type of recipe it is, so we can find it later. Feel free to post any questions, tips or requests for recipes that others can answer for us.


If you would like to post something and are not added as an author, please email me at miriam_pruitt@yahoo.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Takoraisu


When I saw this recipe on La Fuji Mama's website I knew I had to try it. When on my mission, takoraisu was something that members made for us a lot, I think because they knew it was something that all the American missionaries loved. I hadn't had it since my mission, and it is just as good as I remember! You should try it, it's an Asian twist on tacos, and is seriously delicious!

1 Tblsp. vegetable oil
4-5 cloves garlic, minced (her recipe calls for 3...I like garlic:))
1 cup onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
3 Tblsp. soy sauce
1 Tblsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. table salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 cups steamed Japanese Rice (I use Calrose rice...any short grain rice would probably be good)
2 cups lettuce, shredded
2 cup tomatoes, chopped
12 ounces, Queso Blanco, crumbled (or 2 cups shredded mozzarella)
1 cup salsa
4 Tblsp. sour cream

Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute until the onions are barely soft. Add the ground beef and break it into small chunks. Once the meat is cooked, add the soy sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let this simmer until the liquid reduces.

Spread 1/2 to 1 cup of the steamed rice on each plate. Top with the seasoned beef.

Then top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, queso blanco, and salsa, and finish it off with a dollop of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment