Welcome! Hopefully this blog will be a great way we can all share recipes. Post some of your favorites now, and keep 'em coming as you try new things. We love pictures, but don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting. Please make sure to add labels to the bottom of each post. Just add what type of recipe it is, so we can find it later. Feel free to post any questions, tips or requests for recipes that others can answer for us.


If you would like to post something and are not added as an author, please email me at miriam_pruitt@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sun-dried tomato pasta

My neighbor made this pasta for me when I had my baby.  It was so yummy, and I have made it several times since.  I love how easy it is!

1 bottle alfredo sauce
1 can stewed tomato chunks (you could use sauce if you don't like chunks)
1 jar sun-dried tomato pesto (Find it by the spaghetti sauce.  It is in a little jar, just like normal pesto.)
Parmesan cheese
chicken
bow tie pasta

Cook your pasta according to directions
Cook chicken however you like to cook it.
Warm alfredo, tomatoes, and peso in a sauce pan.  Throw in a handful or two of Parmesan cheese. 
Dump pasta, sauce and chicken into a baking dish.  Throw a little more cheese on top and bake at 350 until warm and bubbly.

This recipe makes a lot!  I always cut it in half and it still fills a 9x13 in pan.  It is nice because you buy the ingredients once and make it twice!

It would work to use sun-dried tomato alfredo and normal pesto too.

No comments:

Post a Comment